- The competition is open to pianists of all nationalities who have not completed 36 years of age at the start date of the in-person tests;
- The Competition is divided into 4 tests: the First Round Online and then three at the presence of the Jury (Eliminatory, Semifinal and Final);
- First Prize winners of previous editions of the VIPC cannot be admitted to the Competition;
- Members of the Jury cannot present Candidates whom they have taught on a continuous basis in the two years preceding the beginning of the Competition. Furthermore, Candidates who, starting from the date of opening of the enrollments, have participated in specialization courses or private lessons with one or more members of the Jury will be excluded from the Competition;
- All works performed during the Competition must be played from memory.
- All works performed must be published;
- Competitors cannot appeal against the decision of the Jury, the Artistic Committee and the Organizing Committee.
Registration is open from June 19 to July 31 2021 exclusively online by completing the the form in the Application page.
The registration fee, set at 100,00 euros, is refundable only and exclusively in the event of cancellation of the Competition approved by the Organizing Committee.
The application form must be accompanied by:
1. Copy of an identity document or passport (formats .pdf, .png, .jpg);
2. A recent high-resolution photograph (formats .png o .jpg);
3. Artistic Curriculum;
4. Link to the video for the First Round Online (to be uploaded on the YouTube digital platform).
Only registrations that meet the following characteristics will be taken into consideration:
- Grand piano recording;
- Good audio quality;
- Hands and face always visible.
Candidates admitted to the preliminary round in presence are required to arrive at the time that will be communicated to them by the Competition Secretariat with the scores in the edition they use. Otherwise, the Artistic Committee has the right to exclude them from the Competition.
The playing order will be determined by ballot prior to the opening of the Competition and will be announced esclusively once completed the registration procedure in Verona. Thereafter, successful competitors will perform in the same order, except for the Final Test, in which case it will be defined by the Artistic Committee.
The first Prize will be awarded to one competitor only and is indivisible. The Jury will assign the Prizes in accordance with the procedures set out in the "Rules and criteria for evaluating Candidates" available at the Competition Secretariat.
The money Prize will be received via bank transfer only as follows:
- first, second and third winners will each receive € 500,00 and the special Prizes within 15 days from the end of the Competition;
- the first Prize winner will receive a further € 2.500,00 (pre government tax) within 120 days from the end of the Competition and the final € 1.000,00 (pre government tax) payment will be made on the completion of a concert tournée coordinated by the VIPC over the 2021 Summer for which the winner is responsible for all expenses. Regarding the record Award, the winner will have one day at their disposal during the aforementioned tour to record the disc. 51 recording studio will perform the recording and post-production for Fluente Records which will carry out the cover artwork & design and publish it in all digital stores;
- second and third placed Candidates will receive € 2.000,00 and € 1.000,00 (pre government tax) respectively within 120 days from the end of the Competition.
Each concert contract will be defined individually between the organizing institutions and the winner of the Prize or their delegate.
The winners are expected to use the title received from the Jury in their biography.
The Organizing Committee reserve the right to amend any of the rules or regulations contained herein if it is considered necessary to ensure the proper running of the Competition. It also reserves the right to cancel the event in the event of serious restrictions related to the SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) Emergency: in this case, the registration fee that may have already been sent will be fully refunded (bank fees excluded).
Should any dispute arise regarding the interpretation of any part of the rules and regulations of the VIPC, the decision of the Organizing Committee will be final and not subject to any appeal and the Italian version of the text will the only to be considered.
The rights of any nature relating to the Competition Rehearsals (audio / video recording, recordings, photographic services, streaming, radio or television broadcasts) are owned by the Associazione Musicale Liszt 2011 and do not give the Candidates the right to any compensation.
Submission of the Application form for VIPC 2021 implies consent to the above.
It is required to send one or more videos (maximum 3) whose program includes:
Only for this test it is allowed to present single Sonata tempos.
The program can be performed in the following rounds. See Application for the techical details.
The program must include:
An exception to the timing of the Test is allowed, up to a maximum of 55 minutes, exclusively for candidates who intend to play one of the following Sonatas:
Ludwig van Beethoven - Sonata Nr.29 Op.106
Franz Schubert - Sonata D.850 Op.53, Sonata D.894 Op.78, Sonata D.958, Sonata D.959, Sonata D.960
Works performed in the First round can't be played.
The program must include:
Works performed in the First round and Semifinal can't be played.
- Candidates must play from memory;
- All pieces performed must be published works;
- Only in the First, Semifinal and Final Tests in Verona, composition with various different tempo markings or segments must be executed in their entirety. The only exceptions are those compositions that are only partially executed in normal concert practice. The final decision is the exclusive competence of the Artistic Direction.
the Prize will be divided as followseuro 3.000,00 - established by Fondazione Cattolica Assicurazioni
| First Prize diploma
| Municipality of Verona plate
| Concerts will be published later.
| Second Prize diploma
| Signalling to concert societies
| Third Prize diploma
| Signalling to concert societies
For the best female talent of the Competition, chosen by the Jury.
Established by Maristella Faccioli in memory of her daughter Laura Scaratti.
To a finalist choosen by the Jury.
Established by Dr. Emanuela Ruggiano Lanza in memory of Prof. Enrico Paganuzzi, musicologist and curator of the historical archives of the Accademia Filarmonica di Verona.